- 1 1/4 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup powdered sweetener of your choice (Swerve or other brand)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup butter chilled and cut into small pieces
- ¾ cup granulated sweetener of choice (Swerve or other brand)
- ½ cup butter
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch salt
- 2 tbsp powdered sugar of choice (Swerve or other brand)
- 3 cups pecans whole or pieces or a mix
Preheat oven to 325
- Prepare a square baking pan by lightly coating with a thin layer of butter or cooking spray.
- Combine flour, powdered sweetener, and salt with a hand held mixer or processor.
- Then add in with butter pieces, mix until it resembles coarse crumbs.
- Press into baking pan.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes.
- Remove and let cool while preparing topping.
- In a medium sauce pan, mix butter with sugar then stir until totally dissolved.
- Bring to a boil and cook until amber in color.
- Remove from heat then add in vanilla extract and salt until it seems to be separating in texture, then add in powdered sugar to bring the mixture back together.
- Add pecans on top of the Shortbread crust that you made earlier…it should be cooled by now.
- Pour the toffee mixture on top of the pecans,
- Then bake for another 15 minutes, until it darkens on top and thickens.
- Let it cool before cutting.